The first blog post, and what better way to kick it off than with one of my current fave recipes.
This salad is ridiculously easy to make – it’s carb free, full of healthy fats, vitamins and protein, and has become a firm favourite in our household. (It makes a mean packed lunch the following day as well.)
I usually whip this up mid week when we’re in need of a little comfort food, but don’t want the guilt of a full blown Mexican feast.
- Salad leaves of your choice
- 2 chicken breasts chopped up into small chunks.
- Fajita / enchilada / taco seasoning / or make your own
- Hot sauce of your choice (I love Encona)
- Red & yellow pepper
- Red onion
- Tinned sweetcorn
- Kidney Beans
- Coriander to garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of 0% fat Total Greek yoghurt
- Coriander (roughly chopped)
- Small handful of pickled jalepeños roughly chopped
- Fry up your chicken in some coconut oil and let it start turning golden brown.
- Sprinkle over your Mexican seasoning and drizzle with the hot sauce of your choice.
- Chuck in your chopped peppers and red onion and allow to soften a bit (not too much you still want that slight crunch from the peppers.)
- In a big bowl tip in your tinned sweetcorn, kidney beans, tomatoes and roughly chopped coriander.
- When the chicken is cooked tip it into the salad bowl and mix everything together.